Friday, July 3, 2015

Beauty Basic | Night Time Skincare Routine


This is the most basic steps I normally do every single night -- remove my makeup, cleanse, tone and moisturize. My skin type is oily to combination, sensitive and acne prone. Yes, I do have problems in hyper pigmentation because my acne scars just won't go away. *sniff sniff*

I wear makeup pretty much everyday, so I've to make sure that I cleanse my face thoroughly every single night. In some lazy days and when my baby boy won't let me even wash my face, I'd just grab my facial wipes and I'm done. But in most days, I'm using these products which I've been loving lately. *wink*

My nightly must-haves

-- Pond's Wet Cleansing Towelettes - how come I didn't know long before that this one's existed? I've been using Biore's Cleansing Oil Facial Sheets for years and I love it, but when I saw this in a local drugstore and give it a try.. and oh my goat! This towelettes are sooo amazing! It's just perfect for end-of-the-day cleansing and removes my makeup easily. It's not harsh at all, very soothing and doesn't irritate my skin. This is even cheaper than the Biore ones too! That's why in times when I can't even wash my face at night, I would find myself reaching out to this one. 

-- Clarisonic Mia 2 - I've read one article that says, once you hit the big three-O (i know, i know..) you gotta move away from acid-based products to slough off dead skin and try sonic cleansing systems instead. So, I guess this one's my biggest (most expensive, yet worth it) investment I bought and added to my skincare routine. And yeah, I've waited for that Sephora 20% off storewide discount and finally purchased one (special thanks to my hub for being very supportive. haha) This is great for deep cleansing, I've noticed a big improvement on my skin texture ever since I used this which really makes me happy because it is so worth it! Thank you, Clarisonic! *kisses*

-- Philosophy's Purity Made Simple - I can't think of any cleanser best suits my Clarisonic but this! How can I not love the packaging? Every time I wash my face and just have a good look at this cleanser, I feel like my spirit was cleansed too! (seriously) That encouraging, uplifting words in the packaging, wow! It's very gentle, keeps my skin feeling fresh, clean and bright. Just wow! 

-- Mario Badescu's Special Cucumber Lotion - This is one of my recent purchase from Luxola and I'm loving it so far. It doesn't break me out and in fact, I noticed that it actually heals some blemishes and redness on my skin. It does controls the oil as it claims too, non-drying, gentle and removes any traces of makeup. Awesome!

-- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel - My favourite moisturiser ever! I used to have this in a smaller tube and keep repurchasing it because its like the only moisturiser I know all my life. haha. Then, hubby bought the regular size for me and I'm just so happy. *grin* This one's just right for my oily to combination skin. I never felt any greasiness at all. It makes my skin feeling soft and smooth the next morning. Love!


That's it! I hope you find this post helpful. If you have a same skin type as mine, you may want to try these products too! If you're currently using them, I hope you're enjoying them as much as I do. *high five*


"Beauty is being the best possible version of yourself on the inside and out."



Love and Smile always,
Mitchie Elle 

No comments:

Post a Comment